My journey is now over and I am already back in Johannesburg, from where I fly home in a few hours. To lighten my melancholy mood a bit, I remind myself how productive my visit has been. And since productivity is also due to your / our donations, the promised detailed list with pictures and receipts follows. I hope this summary will bring some joy to your heart. Once again a big thanks and have fun looking back:
I arrive with a donation of € 2,500. Help ‘n’ Travel offsets the bank’s exchange commission and fees. With another small donation, Tshega can resort to 40,000 Rand for its numerous projects.
– Purchase for the soup kitchen and homework club (total 4,899.05 Rand). Another 4,100.95 Rand will be deposited with Milly (Outreach Department Manager) for next month’s purchases. All in all the Outreach Department gets a total of 9,000 Rand!
See entry: Outreach Program
– 12x hockey kits for the sports department with a total value of 3,588 Rand are bought on site. 2x goalie-equipment in the total value of 5,350 are also ordered. In total the sports department gets 8,938 Rand!
See entry: Sports, Sports, Hurray!
– Basadi gets a new sewing machine for 10.999 Rand!
See entry: Basadi
– 20x chairs (809.80 Rand), 5x double tables (4518.70 Rand) and eleven new Sepedi textbooks (1633.50 Rand) are purchased for the Lighthouse Academy. Total value of the new purchases for the Lighthouse Academy: 6962 Rand!
See entry: Time Travel for Grade 7
– Lamb’s Haven gets 4,000 Rand of the donation. Since the little ones are napping and their mattresses and bedding are already partially unusable, the following is purchased: 10x new mattresses (1,900 Rand), equivalent bedding (1114.80 Rand) and plastic boxes to provide more tidiness (815.20 Rand). The remaining 170 Rand Lamb’s Haven can spend at its discretion.
If you add up all the amounts, you will notice that we remained exactly 101 Rand of the donation sum 40,000 Rand (spent in total: 39.899 Rand). Tshega may use this 101 Rand (about € 6) at its own discretion.
More information about Lamb’s Haven:A safe haven for our lambs
During my stay I receive further donations, for which I would like to thank you very much.
Family Borgmann € 100, –
Family Darpel € 100, –
As promised, I raise the Euros to a 1 to 17 rate. Thus, Tshega will benefit another 3,400 Rand. These will be invested in the Outreach Christmas party. Delicious food, cool drinks and of course colorful gifts are guaranteed for the little ones in town. Photos of this ceremony will follow soon. Thanks to all!